Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simply in Control- revisited

I failed to mention in my last post, that Dick and I have a goal of saving a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time.  When I saw how much we were able to put in the bank because of not eating out, it inspired me to try to save in other areas.  So, the extreme saving is not a permanent  way of life for us.  It is more like a challenge we have given our selves.  I'm sure that we will learn from this time and continue in some areas and not in others.

In the past few months, we have been able to put money in the bank and use some of it to go on a trip to GA,  and buy a computer.  In the next few months, we will be buying some vinyl fence and Grace and I will buy some new clothes for our birthday.



4 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Live & learn - right? I'd say you're doing somethin' right if you were able to put $ in the bank AND purchase some things on your "wish list"!

I think of you often when I hang out my clothes :)

Sonya said...

Keep up the great work! I have been remind time & time again, that this is just a season, and seasons change.

I'm thankful that you are doing well & for sharing your posts!

BeckyJoie said...

You go, girl!

Cristy said...

We're saving for a vacation. Every spare penny (do they still make those?) goes into our jar. It's hard, but well worth it in the end.