Thursday, November 5, 2009

what's new?

What's new at my house?

Fallball- Levi and Mandi are playing baseball and Dick is coaching both teams.  We are at the ball field 5 or 6 days a week.


The Maker's Diet-  I went on the Maker's Diet.  The first three days were miserable.  Once I passed that hurdle, I loved the results.  Joint pain went away.   I had much more energy and positive outlook on life.  My skin cleared and no headaches.  Now I am on a modified version of the diet and it seems to be a good balance for me.

I love seeing Mandi's toothless grin.  She lost her top front tooth two days after she discovered it was loose.  She is a determined girl.

Grace has braces.  She is doing great for a girl with sensory integration issues.

For the first time since we started homeschooling, I have been writing lesson plans and chore plans for the kids.  We have been accomplishing more school and more chores are getting done.

I discovered it is frugal to clean your house.  We found the missing library book, several new socks, Mandi's missing favorite skort, shoes, and Olivia's favorite toys under Olivia's bed. Now I don't have to spend money to replace those items.

For the first time in my married life, I handed out candy on Halloween.  I have never wanted to celebrate Halloween, but decided to embrace the opportunity to connect with the kids in my neighborhood.  We gave out a Christian music cd, The Lads Band, to each family that came and had Christian music playing.  It was really fun and I am looking forward to next year.

I walked 4 1/2 miles in one day.  I heard my dad say that if you walked 3 miles, any stress you were feeling would go away.  I was having some unexplained anxiety, so I thought I would try it.  I decided to walk around the baseball field near my house.  I walked what I thought was 3 miles, but it was really 4 1/2.  I had a wonderful time with the Lord and most of the anxiety was lifted.  God gave me these two verses to stand on;

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me Gal. 2:20

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:17





4 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hey ... welcome back! I was beginning to wonder if your "good-bye" post about Rosie was a "cryptic" good-bye from blogging too. It's good to see you here & to find out what's new at your end.

...nothing quite like a child's toothless grin is there?! :)

Julie said...

It was good to see you yesterday, and it's good to see you blogging today!

Melissa said...

I keep meaning to tell you that Craig has been listening to the Lads cd that you gave us. He loves it! Of course, it has so much meaning for him as he gets all the NZ references. Thanks!

crispy said...

Hope the braces are still going well. Tally says she doesn't even think about them anymore.