Tuesday, July 15, 2008

" I couldn't know..'

Last Sunday, I took Olivia to the nursery at my parent's church. I knew it wouldn't last long, but wanted to let her try.

Her number flashed on the screen after about 15 minutes. The teachers said she cried off and off the whole time. I held her in my lap to calm her down. I looked at her coloring sheet and talked to her about it. With much feeling she said, " I couldn't know if it was a O or a T or a E."

I knew what she meant was, " I tried to write my name and you weren't there to help me."

Later I saw that she had written " Oii" for Olivia.


It would have been nice if she could have enjoyed the nursery, but I was touched that she was able to express the feelings that she had while she was away from me.

2 comments:

ann marie said...

That is the sweetest story.

Tiffany said...

How sweet! There's such security with mom there at her side.