Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The playhouse and fort at my parents house

The kids and I are at my parents house in North East Georgia. We will be here for over 2 weeks.

This is the first summer that my parents have had a backyard that my kids could play in. It is wonderful and beautiful. You walk through a vegitable garden that is lined with wild flowers to get to the back part of the yard. That is where the play house, fort, and swing set are. My dad spent last year building all this for his grandkids. The whole area is fenced in and surrounded by trees. I love being able to send the kids down there to play. They like to eat their meals there, too.

A few weeks ago, my brother's kids spent a few days with my parents. They spent that time painting and decorating the playhouse. They went to yardsales and bought furniture and household items to put in the house. Abbie, my niece wrote a song about the playhouse and wanted to make a portfolio about it. Nathan, my 13 year old nephew has actually been playing and really geting into it. He built the fort out of life size lincoln logs that my dad had made. When we got here, Nathan and Levi built a split rail fence to go around the fort.

I am thanking God that my kids have such great grandparents and we are able to be here to make some wonderful memories.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm really jealous, that sounds so fun! I hope you are taking pictures to post. What a special place for the grandkids to help create and get to come and visit. I can't believe Nathan is 13!!! Please tell Amy hello for me.

ann marie said...

That sounds like so much fun for the kids. What a terrific dad you have for doing that. So sweet. Your kids will remember your visit forever.

Julie said...

I was going to say "How fun, I'm jealous!" and as usual, Tiffany said it before me! Well, I said it too!

5Gustos said...

I guess we were in North Georgia at the same time! We should have gotten together....hope you're home safe and sound by now. Glad you had an awesome time.